Simple Steps to Superb Speeches
Are you new to speechwriting? Need a refresher? Want to hone your skills? Few people enter the workforce trained to write effective speeches. Instead, they learn the craft on-the-job, through trial and error.
Simple Steps to Superb Speeches takes participants through the ‘nuts and bolts’ of effective speechwriting. During this ‘down-to-basics’ workshop, I draw on my 25+ years of experience to lead you through a tried and tested approach to the job. In addition to learning how to plan a speech like a pro, you’ll be introduced to techniques to analyze your audience, reflect the speaker’s voice, style and personality, and choose the ‘right’ content.
Plus, you’ll learn to:
- Create a logical flow of ideas
- Craft an engaging opening
- Make abstract ideas concrete for the audience
- Write the way people talk
- Use transitions and pauses to keep audience interest high
- Edit a speech for clarity, cohesion and style
- Create a powerful close that gives people something meaningful to think about or calls them to action
- Make use of key speechwriting metrics
Available on demand as a half-day or full-day workshop.